The orchestra in pieces
The orchestra in pieces – there and back again
A unique opportunity to get to know all the different instruments of the orchestra one after another and, along with the instruments, the players of the Czech Philharmonic. These events are held in the Dvořák Hall at the Rudolfinum. The moderator is Klára Boudalová.
12 September 2016
We will begin our musical travelogue in Bohemian villages. Did you know that in nearly every folk song, you are singing about love? And half of the songs are about unlucky love. Still, we promise there will be a happy ending. Wedding songs will come to the rescue… And don’t worry, you will also definitely get to sing!
27 January 2017
This time we’re setting out on a real trip around the world. The peculiar word Nakara should take us to India (there, the word means “drum”) and possibly also to the land down under (there is a town there by that name). And all of this comes with originally composed music spiced with jazz and world music.
16 June 2017
The climax of the exciting musical travels is an excursion to the depths of music itself. We will be discovering the hidden recesses that are known only to the best performers and composers. But don’t worry; we will initiate you into these mysteries as well. And in the end, you will get to try out for yourselves what it’s like to invent your own music!
- A series of concerts for school groups (pupils in elementary school grades 1–4).
- The price of a ticket to an individual concert is CZK 120, and the price of a subscription is CZK 500.
- Teachers accompanying children are admitted free of charge.
- Reserve tickets at the e-mail address: edu(zavinac)ceskafilharmonie.cz.
- Each programme lasts 50–60 minutes.
- +420 227 059 222