Create an orchestra
How do musical instruments work? And how can we make them? A programme for young school children with the trumpet player Ladislav Kozderka and the master violinmaker Jan Slípka.
Workshops for elementary school children in grades 1–3
How do musical instruments work? And how can we make them? Under the supervision of Ladislav Kozderka, a trumpet player in the Czech Philharmonic, the children will use an unexpected material to make “trumpets” of their own, and they will blow not only on their own creations, but also on a genuine trumpet from the philharmonic. Naturally, they will also get to hear how the trumpet is played and what is played on it in the Czech Philharmonic.
The master violinmaker Jan Slípka will then reveal what is hidden inside a contrabass and what mammoth ivory is used for; the children will get the chance to examine his violinmaking workshop, which is right inside the Rudolfinum.
We also offer this programme in English.
- Programme length: ca. 90 minutes.
- The capacity of the workshop is for 40-70 children.
- The ticket price is CZK 100.
- Teachers accompanying children are admitted free of charge.
- Reserve tickets for schools at the e-mail address edu(zavinac)ceskafilharmonie.cz. Specific dates are scheduled only by agreement in advance.
- +420 227 059 222